⇧LARGEST PART OF THE BRAIN ⇧ Consists of: cerebrum thalamus hypothalamus (part of the limbic system) Limbic System: Forebrain structures involved with emotions, drives, memory, and psychological functions In the late 2015 movie, Concussion ,Will Smith plays real-life doctor Bennet Omalu. In 2005, Omalu found CTE, an Alzheimer's-like brain disease, in former football players. The disease was known to occur in people who had experienced repeated hits to the head, such as boxers usually as they enter their 40s to 70s. But a disturbing new study now reports CTE in a young college football player. Watch this segment of the movie Concussion to get an idea of what happens to a football players brain explained by Will Smith: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlbgVdDES1A Visual of what Will Smith is explaining *When the cerebral cortex is damaged it can link to substance abuse, dementia, and suicide* CTE is ...
This was very interesting on how the adult, brain, and the teenage brain can differ. I never knew how much of a difference in the development level of the two brains. I always viewed my brain as developed fro the most part as an adult. I now know that I am not as developed, and mature as I once believed.
ReplyDeleteThis was such a cute interview! I agree with pretty much everything that was said, although I feel like both adults and teenagers laugh at my jokes equally. Although my jokes are never inappropriate, so maybe that's why. I guess I am just that good, haha. I wonder if an old person's brain is more similar to a teenager's brain, since the brain would slowly stop functioning at that point..
ReplyDelete